Peters Twp Real Estate
A modern community full of growing families, new development, and an excellent standard of living.
Incorporated in 1781 and one of the 13 original Townships of Washington County, Peters Township boasts a nationally-recognized school district. Travel 12 miles south of the city of Pittsburgh, and you’ll find this area presiding over 19.5 square miles positioned near North Strabane, Venetia, Upper St. Clair, Cecil, and Bethel Park.
The community was largely rural and focused on local farming until the population began to expand around the 1950s. As of the 2010 census, there were 21,213 people, 7,292 households, and 6,079 families residing in the township. The average income per household was $155,752 and the median age was 43 years.
The Peters Township School District recently ranked #1 in the state on the PSSA exams and #2 in the Keystone exams. As of 2015, it ranked 15th in the state, and the graduation rate as of 2014 was 97%.
Filled with large lots, beautiful and peaceful sidewalk communities, a number of parks, creeks, recreations centers, and lots of local businesses and restaurants, Peters Township is a great option for anyone who wants the perks of the suburbs without being too far away from the city and local amenities.
Why live here?
- Award-winning school district.
- Prime location in Northern Washington County.
- Easy access to the city with the benefit of lower taxes.
- Located near Southpointe, the South Hills, and Washington with easy access to the airport.
- All the parks, trails, and recreation areas. Miles and miles of hiking, biking, and walking!
- Some of the largest home lots in the region.
- Close to all the amenities you need for daily living.
Top-Ranked Restaurants: Atria’s | Juniper Grill | Capstone Grill | Fiori’s Pizzaria | Franco’s Trattoria | Mad Mex