Dormont Real Estate
A revitalized neighborhood of The City of Pittsburgh with a deep history and community-driven focus.
The territory in which Dormont Borough is situated was held by the Delaware and Shawnee tribes until 1768 when the territory was part of the transaction in which Fort Stanwix was purchased from the Six Nations. In the following years, Dormont’s area was part of Cumberland County, Pitt Township in Bedford County, Penn Township in Washington County, and finally, St. Clair Township in Allegheny County in 1788.
The Dormont Historical Society was organized in March 1999 to preserve the memories and memorabilia of the Dormont area. In a very short time, the need for a permanent base became apparent. Borough Council saw the value of the work being done by the Society and allocated it a room in the new Municipal Center.
Today, Dormont works diligently with the Sustainable Business Designation program – This is a program coordinated jointly by Allegheny Together, Sustainable Pittsburgh, Town Center Associates, and the Sustainable Community Development Network.